WELCOME TO SURIGAO!
The City of Surigao nestles along the northernmost tip of the Province of Surigao del Norte where mountains and hills are prominent indentions throughout the coast. It is bounded on the north and east by the Hinatuan Passage, on the west by the Surigao Strait, and on the south by Tagana-an.
The city has a land area of 245.34 square kilometers and a population of 35,855 inhabitants in 1970. It has an ideal port which is shielded by the Nonoc Islands. It is also connected with good roads to Butuan City in Agusan del Norte, and Lianga in Surigao del Sur.
Legendarily, the town of Surigao was a thriving settlement ruled by Chief Solibao. When the Spaniards came, they called the place “Surigao”, but during the arrival of early Christian missionaries in the province, it was better known as “Caraga,” from the name of its inhabitants – the “Caragas” of the Visayan stock – warlike, brave and ferocious. Read more...
To all Surigaonon's and visitors both at home and abroad this site is our Surigaonon Community Online and Marketplace. Join now and start connecting with Surigaonon friends.
Join WowSurigao.com points system and receive prize's for the most active user's, how to earn points? Create new user, Daily login, Post and reply topic, Answering poll, Birthday, Raffle, Complete profile.
Enjoy the experience! Click here to join Surigaonon Community Online and Marketplace!
Surigao del Norte News
- DepEd Schools Receive Governor’s ‘Seal of Excellence’
- Surigao del Norte Third runner-up in the Philippines 2013 Perlas Award
- MGB stops Surigao del Norte gold miner's processing operations for faulty tailings facility
- Bahay ng ex-Comelec officer sa Siargao, ni-raid ng 15 security forces, pre-shaded ballots nakita
- Surigao Norte gov seeks gold smuggling probe
- Surigao del Norte to have first State U soon
- 8 minor quakes jolt Surigao del Norte town in a day
- SC affirms Dinagat Island separation from Surigao del Norte
- Philex Mining says Silangan production in Surigao to start 2017
- Rewards for arrest of fugitives Ecleo, Palparan, ex-Palawan gov Reyes doubled
Like us on Facebook
Surigao del Sur News
- 3 soldiers dead in Surigao del Sur communist clash
- 3 Filipino fishers rescued by foreign cargo vessel off Surigao Sur
- New Tourism Spots Attracting More Tourists In Surigao Del Sur
- Rebels burn P20-M worth equipment in Surigao del Sur; investigation ongoing
- Army spy, former rebel slain in alleged NPA attacks in Mindanao
- 20 DENR workers killed in last 2 years
- Illegal logging persists in Agusan despite ban
- Surigao Sur village fire leaves P1-M damage
- Kidnapped ex-mayor released, police say
- IED Blast In Surigao Del Sur Banana Plantation