On the other side of the surfing haven Siargao lies the town of Socorro in Surigao del Norte, home to the Bucas Grande Islands also known as the Sohoton National Park.
The group of islands is blessed with numerous caves, some still undiscovered, white sand beaches, waterfalls, mangroves, iron woods, inland lakes, vast fishing grounds, and wonderful corals that are ideal for snorkeling.
Be amazed with its most famous spot, the Sohoton Cove and Blue Lagoon, a maze-like place consisting of limestone islets, where the only way in or out is the cave entrance that vanishes during high tide. Another must see is the jellyfish Lagoon, home to millions of no-sting, friendly and playful jellyfish comparable to those in Palau.
With its unique seascape and landscape, the place promises everyone a truly unforgettable, enchanting and extraordinary experience in this part of Mindanao. Visit Sohoton National Park and be enchanted with its natural beauty.
Find us on Facebook
- 2 missing, 14,996 persons evacuated in 18 Caraga Region villages due to floods
- 2 Surigao cops die in gun duel inside police station
- 20 DENR workers killed in last 2 years
- 3 'NPA child soldiers' captured in Surigao
- 3 Filipino fishers rescued by foreign cargo vessel off Surigao Sur
- 3 terrorist leaders, 12 followers killed in Sulu air raid
- 3,199 trike operators in Surigao Norte to benefit from Public Transport Assistance Program
- 30 suspected NPA rebels attack Surigao del Sur PNP station
- 4 out of 10 towns nationwide have no fire stations; in Mindanao, 5 out of 10
- 4 rebel returnees in Surigao del Sur gets livelihood assistance