History of Tubod
At the Southern part of the province of Surigao del Nortestood the town of Tubod. Town is famous for the spring (Tuboran), which it derives its name of Tubod. The spring is so large that when fully developed can supply the sufficient water needs of the whole town and its surrounding Barangays and Sitios. Irrigation of rice land chiefly gets their source of water from this spring. The first inhabitants of the place are mostly immigrants from the Visayas and neighboring provinces of Mindanao. It was founded by the late Agustin Mendez, called this town Tubod, meaning “SPRING” or Tuboran in our local dialect.
Tubod was only a Barrio of the Municipality of Mainit, until after in 1958 when it was created to become a municipality by Executive order No. 269 issued by the late Pesident Carlos P. Garcia. The terrain of the town is composed mostly of valleys and rolling hills. It is chiefty agricultual land. Bounded on the Eastern part by the municipality of Placer. It is small town that it has only aggregate area of 5,463.70 hectares. Rice lands are planted twice a year , during the last months and early months of the year.
Tubod is presently populated by about 10,923 people. All of which are Christians, Roman Catholic pre-dominates of all the different religious belief combined.
Except for the town officials and other government employees and private firm workers, most of the people are farmers, Majority of the people are coconut producers, although relatively small farmers, agricultural land are equally distributed to the people to call in their own.
Today; the municipality has nine progressive Barangays, namely: Poblacion, San Pablo, Del Rosario, Cawilan, Marga, Timamana, Capayahan, Sad Isidro and Motorpol.
June 28-29 “Pista sa Tubod”
This celebration in Honor of the Saints Peter and Paul is highlighted by a Diana, street dancing, mass, Inter-Baangay Basketball and Coronation of “Miss Tubod”.
October 4 “Araw Ng Tubod”
The Celebration highlighted by a sports tournament, a street parade, a walkathon for senior citizens and other festivities.
Article Source: surigaodelnorteph.com
Photo Source: Municipality of Tubod
Like us on Facebook
- 2 missing, 14,996 persons evacuated in 18 Caraga Region villages due to floods
- 2 Surigao cops die in gun duel inside police station
- 20 DENR workers killed in last 2 years
- 3 'NPA child soldiers' captured in Surigao
- 3 Filipino fishers rescued by foreign cargo vessel off Surigao Sur
- 3 soldiers dead in Surigao del Sur communist clash
- 3 terrorist leaders, 12 followers killed in Sulu air raid
- 3,199 trike operators in Surigao Norte to benefit from Public Transport Assistance Program
- 30 suspected NPA rebels attack Surigao del Sur PNP station
- 4 out of 10 towns nationwide have no fire stations; in Mindanao, 5 out of 10