History of Cortes
Cortes is a 4th class municipality in the province of Surigao del Sur, Philippines. According to the 2000 Philippine census, it has a population of 14,825 people in 2,742 households.
Cortes is politically subdivided into 13 barangays. In 1955, the sitios of Uba, Mabahin, Tag-anongan and Manlico were converted into barrios.
Like us on Facebook
- 2 missing, 14,996 persons evacuated in 18 Caraga Region villages due to floods
- 2 Surigao cops die in gun duel inside police station
- 20 DENR workers killed in last 2 years
- 3 'NPA child soldiers' captured in Surigao
- 3 Filipino fishers rescued by foreign cargo vessel off Surigao Sur
- 3 soldiers dead in Surigao del Sur communist clash
- 3 terrorist leaders, 12 followers killed in Sulu air raid
- 3,199 trike operators in Surigao Norte to benefit from Public Transport Assistance Program
- 30 suspected NPA rebels attack Surigao del Sur PNP station
- 4 out of 10 towns nationwide have no fire stations; in Mindanao, 5 out of 10