History of Hinatuan
Hinatuan is a town to find at the Eastcoast of Mindanao in the Province Surigao del Sur. The degree of longitude is round about 126,33 and the degree of northern latitude is 8,37.
Hinatuan is one of the 71 Municpalities in Region XIII (Caraga Administrative Region). Nearly 1300 Barangays are in Region XIII.
The language is Kamayo.
Hinatuan...verdant, colorful, alluring and pristine.
The moment one arrives at the place, he gets the feel of its feel-good character. It sets him in the right mood.
One of the eighteen municipalities in the province of Surigao del Sur, Hinatuan catches the attention of the rest of the towns in the province and even in the region because of the treasures that it has offered: its fine and clean beaches, its rich fishing grounds, its bountiful marine creatures, its green forest, century-old church, children's park, its college institution and peace-loving people.
The way of Hinatuan to progress is quite reassuring. As this fine relationship established between the people and local officials goes on unhampered, its bright tomorrow is something to reckon with.
Source: Hinatuan, Surigao del Sur
Like us on Facebook
- 2 missing, 14,996 persons evacuated in 18 Caraga Region villages due to floods
- 2 Surigao cops die in gun duel inside police station
- 20 DENR workers killed in last 2 years
- 3 'NPA child soldiers' captured in Surigao
- 3 Filipino fishers rescued by foreign cargo vessel off Surigao Sur
- 3 soldiers dead in Surigao del Sur communist clash
- 3 terrorist leaders, 12 followers killed in Sulu air raid
- 3,199 trike operators in Surigao Norte to benefit from Public Transport Assistance Program
- 30 suspected NPA rebels attack Surigao del Sur PNP station
- 4 out of 10 towns nationwide have no fire stations; in Mindanao, 5 out of 10