History of Marihatag
Marihatag is a 3rd class municipality in the province of Surigao del Sur, Philippines. According to the 2007 census, it has a population of 17,622 people. There are 9,223 registered voters as of 2009. The current mayor of the municipality is Hon. Leo C. Navarro, younger brother of Hon. Librado C. Navarro, also the current mayor of the City of Bislig.
Marihatag was formerly known as Oteiza.
Marihatag is politically subdivided into 12 barangays.
- San Antonio
- San Isidro
- San Pedro
- Sta Cruz
Article Source: Wikipedia
Photo Source: Municipality of Marihatag
Find us on Facebook
- 2 missing, 14,996 persons evacuated in 18 Caraga Region villages due to floods
- 2 Surigao cops die in gun duel inside police station
- 20 DENR workers killed in last 2 years
- 3 'NPA child soldiers' captured in Surigao
- 3 Filipino fishers rescued by foreign cargo vessel off Surigao Sur
- 3 terrorist leaders, 12 followers killed in Sulu air raid
- 3,199 trike operators in Surigao Norte to benefit from Public Transport Assistance Program
- 30 suspected NPA rebels attack Surigao del Sur PNP station
- 4 out of 10 towns nationwide have no fire stations; in Mindanao, 5 out of 10
- 4 rebel returnees in Surigao del Sur gets livelihood assistance