Surigao Bonok-Bonok Maradjaw Karadjaw Festival 2012 Photography Competition
BONOK-BONOK MARADJAW KARADJAW FESTIVAL 2012
Over two decades now, thanksgiving and invocation are heard every 9th of September during the Bonok-Bonok Maradjaw Karadjaw Festival--a celebration of gratitude for a bountiful harvest and good health.
The festival is imbued with colors and dances which are expression of happiness, friendship and prayers. The talent, physicality and buoyant performances of the participants reflect the best of the spirit of Surigaonons. Dancers chant “Viva Señor San Nicolas de Tolentino… Viva!”
Bonok-Bonok which means “heavy downpour” and Maradjaw Karadjaw meaning “All the very best”…
Streetdancing will be performed traversing the length of Borromeo, San Nicolas and Rizal Streets, and culminating in the Provincial Sports Complex where contingents will perform their stationary dances.
Surigao City Tourism Council, Inc. has designated “Salamat: Sajaw, Ki-ay!” as the theme for this year’s Photography competition.
• The contest is open to both amateur & professional photographers and hobbyists.
• Photos must have been taken during the festival period.
• Participants may use any digital or film-based camera. Entries must be printed in full color on any brand of photo paper in 8R size (8 inches x 10 inches) without border. Digital entries must also submit the digital file (either on JPEG or Raw) on a CD on actual size with 150dpi resolution or higher. Corresponding negatives should accompany film entries.
• Manually retouched and/or painted over print outputs are not allowed.
• Creative effects done within the camera at the time of exposure are allowed e.g. multiple exposures, flash fill, lighting, filtration, etc.
• Digital retouching on density, contrast adjustments, minor cropping, burning, and dodging may be tolerated, although major manipulation of main images through adding or subtracting are not allowed.
• Images that do not meet these requirements may or may not be judged at the judging panel’s sole discretion.
Submission of Entries
Each entry should be submitted in an envelope with a Bonok-Bonok Maradjaw Karadjaw Festival Photo Competition entry form in triplicate (one copy attached to the photograph, one for the receiving staff, and one copy for the photographer-entrant).
The name of the contest participant should not appear on the face of the entry. Participants should write on a piece of paper their name, address and contact number taped on the back of all their photo entries.
Entries should be submitted to the following offices: Surigao City Tourism Council, Inc. and City Tourism Office at the Luneta Park, Surigao City.
Deadline for submission of entries is on September 15, 2012 at 5 p.m.
By submitting an entry, each participant agrees to the Official rules and warrants that his or her entry complies with all requirements set out.
Criteria for Judging
Visual impact 30%
Technical (exposure & focus) 30%
Artistic (creativity & composition) 40%
Exhibit & Awarding
Pre-screened entries will be exhibited on September 22, 2012 at Gaisano Capital Surigao (tentative). The awarding of winners will also be held on the same day. NOT ALL ENTRIES SHALL BE ON EXHIBIT.
The decision of the Board of Judges is final. The organizer shall have the right not to entertain any protest or complaint after the final decision of winners shall be made.
All entries become the property of Surigao City Tourism Council, Inc., which will have the right to reproduce, exhibit, or publish the images for promotional purposes, indicating/acknowledging the photographer. It may display the prints in a public venue, or publish them for the purpose of promoting Bonok-Bonok Maradjaw Karadjaw Festival, without any financial compensation to the photographers.
For the photography competition:
• there will be no pre-registration of photographers, and
• only the actual entries in photo form will require registration.
For the festival:
• photographers may be required by the festival organizer to pre-register for crowd-control and security purposes.
Like us on Facebook
- 2 missing, 14,996 persons evacuated in 18 Caraga Region villages due to floods
- 2 Surigao cops die in gun duel inside police station
- 20 DENR workers killed in last 2 years
- 3 'NPA child soldiers' captured in Surigao
- 3 Filipino fishers rescued by foreign cargo vessel off Surigao Sur
- 3 soldiers dead in Surigao del Sur communist clash
- 3 terrorist leaders, 12 followers killed in Sulu air raid
- 3,199 trike operators in Surigao Norte to benefit from Public Transport Assistance Program
- 30 suspected NPA rebels attack Surigao del Sur PNP station
- 4 out of 10 towns nationwide have no fire stations; in Mindanao, 5 out of 10
- Предлагаем производство сварной балки любого размера
- In News and Announcements
- Last post by Montazhki3
- on Mar 15, 2017