Rewards for arrest of fugitives Ecleo, Palparan, ex-Palawan gov Reyes doubled
MANILA President - Benigno Aquino III has doubled the bounty for three high profile fugitives - former military official Jovito Palparan, former Palawan Gov. Joel Reyes, and Ruben Ecleo of Dinagat Island - to P2 million each.
The President also offered a P2 million reward money for housing developer Delfin Lee.
The government also reminded the public of a standing P5.6 million bounty each for communist leaders Benito Tiamson and George Madlos.
"The President is displeased with the lack of progress in the arrest of these high-profile fugitives," presidential spokesperson Edwin Lacierda said.
Reyes, who earlier carried a P1.5 million bounty, is accused of having masterminded the murder of environmental activist and journalist Gerry Ortega.
The government also offered a P2 million bounty for Reyes's younger brother, Coron town Mayor Mario Jr.
Palparan has been charged with several human rights violations, including the abduction of two University of the Philippines coeda, while Ecleo has been convicted for the murder of his wife last month.
Madlos is currently the National Democratic Front spokesman in Mindanao who has been accused of masterminding several attacks in Mindanao.
Tiamson is believed to be the one calling the shots within the Communist Party of the Philippines-New People's Army.
Lee has a standing arrest warrant for syndicated estafa in connection with Globe Asiatique's Xevera housing projects. (Interaksyon)
Like us on Facebook
- 2 missing, 14,996 persons evacuated in 18 Caraga Region villages due to floods
- 2 Surigao cops die in gun duel inside police station
- 20 DENR workers killed in last 2 years
- 3 'NPA child soldiers' captured in Surigao
- 3 Filipino fishers rescued by foreign cargo vessel off Surigao Sur
- 3 soldiers dead in Surigao del Sur communist clash
- 3 terrorist leaders, 12 followers killed in Sulu air raid
- 3,199 trike operators in Surigao Norte to benefit from Public Transport Assistance Program
- 30 suspected NPA rebels attack Surigao del Sur PNP station
- 4 out of 10 towns nationwide have no fire stations; in Mindanao, 5 out of 10