Surigao del Norte Third runner-up in the Philippines 2013 Perlas Award
Written by Roberto Parada
The Provincial Government of Surigao del Norte was declared third runner-up among the seventy-one entries entire Philippines for the 2013 Award by the Department of Tourism in the recently concluded 14th National Topurism Congress of the Association of Tourism Officers of the Philippines ( ATOP )on October 2-4, 2013 in Legazpi City.
Perlas Awards is given to local government units which showed best tourism practices in different fields. The provincial government competed in the Arts and Culture Category with the 111th Founding Anniversary Celebration as the entry.
Declared major winners in this category are the Provinces of Lanao, Pangasinan and Ilo-ilo.
It could be remembered that in 2009 the Provincial Government of Surigao del Norte won in the Sports Tourism Event Category with the Siargao International Surfing Competition as the entry.
Congratulations to Mr Arturo M. Cruje, OIC-Provincial Tourism & Culture Office and to the Provincial Government of Surigao del Norte thru the leadership of Governor Sol F. Matugas.
Like us on Facebook
- 2 missing, 14,996 persons evacuated in 18 Caraga Region villages due to floods
- 2 Surigao cops die in gun duel inside police station
- 20 DENR workers killed in last 2 years
- 3 'NPA child soldiers' captured in Surigao
- 3 Filipino fishers rescued by foreign cargo vessel off Surigao Sur
- 3 soldiers dead in Surigao del Sur communist clash
- 3 terrorist leaders, 12 followers killed in Sulu air raid
- 3,199 trike operators in Surigao Norte to benefit from Public Transport Assistance Program
- 30 suspected NPA rebels attack Surigao del Sur PNP station
- 4 out of 10 towns nationwide have no fire stations; in Mindanao, 5 out of 10