DepEd Schools Receive Governor’s ‘Seal of Excellence’
Written by Roberto Parada
Governor Sol Matugas awarded the most outstanding public elementary and high schools with the Seal of Academic Excellence on October 4 at the Provincial Convention Center.
With the theme, “My Teacher, My Hero: Key Agent for Successful K to 12 Program,” the ceremonial was made bright and colorful by the presence of Department of Education Assistant Secretary Tonisito Umali.
The following school recipients of with P100, 000 cash prize each turned up during the giant event, namely:
1. Dapa Central Elementary School, Siargao Division
2. Dapa National High School, Siargao Division
3. Surigao City Pilot Schools, Surigao City Division
4. Caraga Regional Science High School, Surigao City Division
5. Sison Central Elementary School, Surigao del Norte Division
6. Claver National High School, Surigao del Norte Division
Mr. Isabelo Gabutero led the Martsa Surigao which was followed by Dr.
Fidela Rosas, City Schools Division Superintendent who acknowledged the guests and participants. Dr. Evelyn Fetalvero, the Provincial Schools Division Superintendent shared her heartfelt words to greet and welcome everyone.
Dinner ensued. Intermission number from the provincial band keyed in. Inspiring messages were also delivered by City Mayor Ernesto Matugas who was ably represented by Atty. Manuel Coro, Cong. Francisco and Governor Sol Matugas, Cong. Guillermo Romarate and DepEd Regional Director Alberto Escobarte, who was described by the beloved Governor as her trusted and loyal supporter.
DepEd Assistant Secretary Tonisito Umali, the keynote speaker, imparted his thoughts about the significance of teaching as a profession to mold the character of the children. He also recalled the suffering of his father, a lawyer during the Marcos regime who was imprisoned for opposing the martial law edict.
Asec. Umali noted that the tribulations endured by his father who taught him the ideals of public service were heart-breaking. Such pains of being left behind to a mother who instructed him how to be strong amid the trials and hardships of life, gave him the courage to stand and fight for the rights of the teachers.
For her part, the Governor thanked one and all for their wholehearted cooperation to make Teacher’s Month a great success. She also gave recognition to all the teachers who ‘are doing their mission in life without rancor and complaint.’ She said that being a teacher ‘is a great vocation, a beautiful calling and a life-changing mission.’
Like us on Facebook
- 2 missing, 14,996 persons evacuated in 18 Caraga Region villages due to floods
- 2 Surigao cops die in gun duel inside police station
- 20 DENR workers killed in last 2 years
- 3 'NPA child soldiers' captured in Surigao
- 3 Filipino fishers rescued by foreign cargo vessel off Surigao Sur
- 3 soldiers dead in Surigao del Sur communist clash
- 3 terrorist leaders, 12 followers killed in Sulu air raid
- 3,199 trike operators in Surigao Norte to benefit from Public Transport Assistance Program
- 30 suspected NPA rebels attack Surigao del Sur PNP station
- 4 out of 10 towns nationwide have no fire stations; in Mindanao, 5 out of 10