3,199 trike operators in Surigao Norte to benefit from Public Transport Assistance Program
SURIGAO CITY - The Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) – Surigao del Norte provincial office said today that around 3,199 tricycle drivers and operators in Surigao del Norte are set to benefit from the P150 Public Transport Assistance or the Pantawid Pasada Program for tricycle drivers and operators.
DILG Provincial Director Domingo Bulabog said these tricycle operators/drivers are based in 12 local government units namely, Alegria, Mainit, Tubod, Gigaquit, Claver, Placer, Tagana-an, Bacuag, Dapa, Del Carmen, Gen. Luna and Surigao City are the only identified beneficiaries in the entire province.
It was learned that Surigao City got the biggest share with 2,600 registered franchisees.
Bulabog disclosed that the money is already available at the DILG regional office and a memorandum of agreement (MOA) between the DILG and the local government units (LGUs) is still to be finalized and completed within this week.
“The money is already available at our regional office and ready to be released to the LGUs. However, we are still waiting for the MOA between our office and LGUs which will be completed within the week,” said Bulabog.
Each tricycle operators/drivers shall receive a Php 150.00 assistance which may be used to purchase fuel alone from participating gasoline stations. (PIA-Surigao del Norte)
Find us on Facebook
- 2 missing, 14,996 persons evacuated in 18 Caraga Region villages due to floods
- 2 Surigao cops die in gun duel inside police station
- 20 DENR workers killed in last 2 years
- 3 'NPA child soldiers' captured in Surigao
- 3 Filipino fishers rescued by foreign cargo vessel off Surigao Sur
- 3 terrorist leaders, 12 followers killed in Sulu air raid
- 30 suspected NPA rebels attack Surigao del Sur PNP station
- 4 out of 10 towns nationwide have no fire stations; in Mindanao, 5 out of 10
- 4 rebel returnees in Surigao del Sur gets livelihood assistance
- 4 rescued off hikdop island