2 Surigao cops die in gun duel inside police station
Manila, Philippines – A chief of police of Surigao del Sur town and his subordinate died in a gun duel that ensued following a heated altercation right inside the police station on Monday.
Supt. Martin Gamba, chief information ofﬁcer of the CARAGA regional police, said Inspector Edgardo Dico died at the Adela Serra Ty Hospital due to a bullet wound in the chest area.
Several hours later, Police Ofﬁcer 2 Lord Anthony Lerin succumbed to bullet wounds in the shoulder and leg while undergoing treatment at the D.O. Memorial Hospital where he was transferred.
“They were having a heated altercation due to misunderstanding on policies when the incident happened,” said Gamba.
The gun battle, he said, occurred at noon on Monday inside the police station located at the Bayabas town proper.
Dico is the chief of police of Bayabas Municipal Police Station.
Gamba said that at the height of the argument, the two ﬁgured in gunﬁght. (Tempo)
Find us on Facebook
- 2 missing, 14,996 persons evacuated in 18 Caraga Region villages due to floods
- 20 DENR workers killed in last 2 years
- 3 'NPA child soldiers' captured in Surigao
- 3 Filipino fishers rescued by foreign cargo vessel off Surigao Sur
- 3 terrorist leaders, 12 followers killed in Sulu air raid
- 3,199 trike operators in Surigao Norte to benefit from Public Transport Assistance Program
- 30 suspected NPA rebels attack Surigao del Sur PNP station
- 4 out of 10 towns nationwide have no fire stations; in Mindanao, 5 out of 10
- 4 rebel returnees in Surigao del Sur gets livelihood assistance
- 4 rescued off hikdop island