New Tourism Spots Attracting More Tourists In Surigao Del Sur
TANDAG CITY – The provincial government of Surigao del Sur has strengthened its partnership with national government agencies and all stakeholders in the tourism industry amid the continuing arrival of tourists, both foreign and domestic, to newly discovered tourism areas in the province.
The provincial government and the stakeholders -- including the president of the province’s Hotel and Restaurant Association, tour operators, transport sector owners and associations, resort operators, community social organizations and chairpersons on tourism council including the chair of the tourism committee of different municipalities – all vowed to “give the best” amenities to the visiting tourists.
The unified efforts of these groups came as the “Enchanted River” in Hinatuan town, the “Tinuy-an Falls” in Bislig City, the Cagwait Beach and the Britania Islands have been attracting numerous foreign and local tourists.
At the conclusion of the two-day consultative workshop that ended yesterday at one of the hotels here, the provincial tourism office with tourism stakeholders and counterparts implemented environmental considerations for more development including access and connectivity to other new identified tourist areas.
“Enchanted River,” “Tinuy-an Falls,” Cagwait Beach and the Britania Islands are some of the many tourist spots that have attracted numerous foreign and local tourists and made the province famous. “With our counterpart national agencies and different tourism stakeholders we are now vigorously moving forward to make a mark in the world tourism spot,” said Surigao del Sur Gov. Johnny T. Pimentel.
He added that this consultative workshop will continue because this is a good step in drawing more inputs from industry partners to come up with a comprehensive Provincial Tourism Master Plan for 2013-2020.
Meanwhile, Region XIII Regional Director Letty Tan of the Department of Tourism (DoT) said the agency and the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH-13) Regional Director Danilo E. Versola is currently closely coordinating for a close supervision and implementation of all roads connecting to the different tourism destinations in the region.
She said millions of pesos are already on the pipeline for the program.
“We are moving onward now and hope all stakeholders will continuously cooperate,” added Director Tan.
Article Source: http://www.mb.com.ph/articles/374351/new-tourism-spots-attracting-more-tourists-in-surigao-del-sur
Like us on Facebook
- 2 missing, 14,996 persons evacuated in 18 Caraga Region villages due to floods
- 2 Surigao cops die in gun duel inside police station
- 20 DENR workers killed in last 2 years
- 3 'NPA child soldiers' captured in Surigao
- 3 Filipino fishers rescued by foreign cargo vessel off Surigao Sur
- 3 soldiers dead in Surigao del Sur communist clash
- 3 terrorist leaders, 12 followers killed in Sulu air raid
- 3,199 trike operators in Surigao Norte to benefit from Public Transport Assistance Program
- 30 suspected NPA rebels attack Surigao del Sur PNP station
- 4 out of 10 towns nationwide have no fire stations; in Mindanao, 5 out of 10
- Предлагаем производство сварной балки любого размера
- In News and Announcements
- Last post by Montazhki3
- on Mar 15, 2017