4 rebel returnees in Surigao del Sur gets livelihood assistance
TANDAG CITY, May 27 (PIA) - Four rebel returnees in Surigao del Sur are due to receive livelihood assistance from the Office of the Presidential Adviser on Peace Process (OPAPP) as part of the Social Integration Program (SIP).
According to OPAPP Peace Integration Unit (PIU) the checks totaling P200,000 are ready for release. A total amount of P50,000 shall be given to each recipient identified as Germilito Ecoben, Ernan Flores, Ambrocio Gran, and Piginoi Montenegro.
This was contained in a letter by Dir. Emmanuelle Protasio to Gov. Johnny Pimentel.
Also, Gov. Pimentel already designated Mrs. May Salinas, Provincial Social Welfare and Development Officer (PSWDO) chief here as representative from the Provincial Government facilitated the transaction with the Landbank of the Philippines Tandag City Branch. She also helped to identify the beneficiaries.
In addition, the OPAPP strongly recommended to the Provincial Government partnership with the Department of Agriculture (DA) and Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA) to provide appropriate livelihood training to the beneficiaries before giving out cash to ensure sustainability of the livelihood assistance. (Radyo ng Bayan Tandag/PIA Surigao del Sur)
Find us on Facebook
- 2 missing, 14,996 persons evacuated in 18 Caraga Region villages due to floods
- 2 Surigao cops die in gun duel inside police station
- 20 DENR workers killed in last 2 years
- 3 'NPA child soldiers' captured in Surigao
- 3 Filipino fishers rescued by foreign cargo vessel off Surigao Sur
- 3 terrorist leaders, 12 followers killed in Sulu air raid
- 3,199 trike operators in Surigao Norte to benefit from Public Transport Assistance Program
- 30 suspected NPA rebels attack Surigao del Sur PNP station
- 4 out of 10 towns nationwide have no fire stations; in Mindanao, 5 out of 10
- 4 rescued off hikdop island